Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Week 3 Newborn Cloth Diaper Favorites

Time sure flies when your having fun. My little boy is now 3 weeks old and its been the best 3 weeks.  He is growing so fast. We weighed him yesterday and he was 9 pounds 2 oz! It was a week where he noticeably is bigger. He feels more solid and his legs aren't so skinny which has made more options with the cloth diapers. He has however peed a lot more, a whole lot more, and this has really tested some of the diapers for absorbency. 

Week 3 Cloth Diaper Favorites 


All In One's- We were able to try something new since his legs are a little bigger- Bottom Bumpers. We have 3 - two size 1 aplix and size 1 snaps. Both fit wonderfully and are so absorbent. They also are fairly trim so they do a good job with his clothes.  Plus, they are made in the USA!

Bottom Bumpers aplix all in one size 1 
Bottom Bumpers Size 1 Snaps
We also are still loving the Thirsties natural all in one and the Smart Bottoms Born Smart. We still only have 1 but if I had my stash to do over again I would get these instead of the regular thirsties all in one.   The Thirsties all in one only holds up for about an hour, and hour and a half with a cotton doubler. We have a lot of them so it's ok but as a newborn he sleeps good stretches and if I don't change him at the 1-1.5 hour mark he will leak from his heavy wetting and that will mean a clothes change.  I don't want to wake a sleeping baby changing him but I've found myself doing this when these are on to prevent a problem thus they are now what I reach for last.  

I was having an issue with Little Joeys in that they would come out of the wash clean, I would hang to dry and then they would not smell as fresh. They didn't smell bad just not as clean. Tried putting them in the dryer and this fixed the issue. I believe since they are so thick they were not drying fast enough hanging. Just a theory.  


Fitteds- I sound like a broken record but really the ecoposh fitted is amazing!! We do have some GMD fitteds he was too small for that I'm going to try this week but truly amazed by Ecoposh. The ones we have are actually discontinued colors and they have revamped them so I have not tried the new ones but maybe with another baby would like to see if there is a difference.  I really don't reach for the Kissaluvs fitteds we have but they work when I'm waiting for the other diapers to be clean. 

Covers- Still loving the Rumparooz newborn and the Thirsties but I think the Thirsties size 1 may be taking the cake. I do have some Aplix ones (2) but I will be so honest and tell you I haven't reached for them once because so far I've liked the snaps and the snap ones we have are cute prints were the aplix are solid. So yes I pick the cute ones. Below are two of my favorite.  Listen if you are a disposable user and tired of blow outs stick one of these cover your diaper. No more poo up the back. Yes you know it happens. 




pre-folds- We have tried nothing new for pre-folds but I did order a couple Grovia pre-folds to try so I can up date this section next week. I kept trying to find good pre-fold comparisons when I was pregnant and searching and this was lacking so I'm on a mission. I can't try them all but I figured I could try Grovia since I saw them online for a really good price.  

Pockets- I have a few pockets in the wash now prepping now that our boy is 9 lbs 2 oz! Some of the one size diapers claim to start fitting around 9 pounds so I'm going to try it. When we brought him home he was too small for most of his newborn diapers so I did not even try the one size. We are absolutely in love with the AppleCheeks covers. We have 4 and thankfully they air dry fast so I do find myself starting diaper laundry once I've gone through them. He slept a 3 hour stretch last night and I stuffed an AppleCheeks cover with the Thirsties duo hemp pre-fold and we had no leaks and no issues.  AppleCheeks are made in Canada and due to the fall of the Canadian dollar the price on these will be dropping in this new year according to their marketing team.  They have a self agitating pocket meaning you don't have to pull the insert out, it comes out in the wash. (unless you stuff something in there that is too big like a size small osocozy pre-fold but it still got clean just didn't come all the way out.) 




Because of his increase in size, I'm hoping to try a lot of new things this week. Let me know what your favorite one size diapers are or sized diapers that are bigger than newborn. 

Thanks! 
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment