Thursday, March 21, 2013

Count it all joy.

Friends, Sometimes in life we have trials, whether big or small. How do you deal with trials? sometimes I pray. Sometimes I ask why. Sometimes I cry. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in what I want and whats not fair about the situation or how if only this or that had happened this would have been prevented. But what does Gods word say I should do

"Consider it pure joy my brothers whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.- James 1:2"

Joy?
Thats what I'm supposed to call it?

When I think of joy I think of a sense of peace and pleasure. A kind of sunshine rainbows nothing is going to rain on my parade sorta sensation. Joy is not the "why,crying,blaming,frustrated,don't understand,wanttorunaway" sort of feeling I get when trials come my way.

But Nehemiah 8:10 gives us some insight. "The joy of the Lord is your strength."

Ever felt week in a trial, powerless? Were you lacking joy?

Joy is not based on circumstances it is based on God. It's knowing Him and knowing that He was the perfect plan and  having faith that He will see you through.

James goes on to say in verse 12 "Blessed is the man who preservers under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."

We are to have joy. We are to love Him. We are to know that in verse 3 when it says why He allows trials "because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."

Oh.
So. The testing of my faith produces perseverance and the perseverance produced gives a crown of life, but to do that I gotta stand the test have count it as joy? How do I do that.

Practice thankfulness.

It's God's will for us that we be thankful and that realizing of what God has given will produce in us a joy and a hope that knows that as God has provided for us before, He will provide again. It's what the Israelites missed when God brought them out of Egypt. Thankfulness.

So what am I thankful for? In no particular order.

  1.  A wonderful God that loves me enough to save me.
  2.  A wonderful husband who loves me no matter what I do. 
  3.  A puppy dog by my side that is curled up and sleeping peacefully. 
  4.  a yummy chinese food lunch, when so many don't have food
  5.  Pop. (caffeine really). 
  6.  the word of God and the promise that it has. 
  7.  great professors at my school. 
  8.  the opportunity to be in school. 
  9.  my health
  10.  the tattered yarn wrapped around my wrist symboling a beautiful connection with amazing women 
  11.  great friends. 
  12.  my hearing aid.
  13.  my car that got me safely to and from school. 
  14.  knitting
  15.  the pretty roses that my husband got me last week for no reason. 
  16.  Gods faithfulness in my life.
  17.  Well done by Moriah Peters. 
  18.  dinner on Monday night with my friend Kelly.
  19.  A visit from my friend is coming this weekend. 
  20.  Gods love for me is not based on my performance. 
  21.  God rewards our faithfulness. God has a plan 
  22. that my doggie is so well behaved. 
  23. that we have the written word of God to read. not everyone has had that in the past. 
  24. the ability to study
  25. the life I've lived. The good the bad the ugly. It all worked out beautifully. 
  26. that God continues to teach me. 
  27. that I have a home. 
  28. that God has blessed me with a wonderful career field. 
  29. that I don't know everything.
  30. that when I feel like I know everything I'm reminded that is not true, but God does. 
  31. That I have such a giving husband.
  32. That God has given me a heart of compassion for people
  33. That God changed my heart, and is still changing it.
  34. That God gives good gifts. 
  35. That God encourages me. 
  36. That no matter what happens that this world is not my home, and that one day I will see the beautiful gates of heaven. 
  37. Confidence knowing that God put in me in PA school.
  38. Knowing that when I ask for forgiveness God is just to forgive. 
  39. The puppy that is now keeping my toes warm in this sort of bipolar weather we have been having
  40. That beautiful role models that God has placed in my life. 
God has blessed me and this is just a small glimpse of some of the ways. Some big things, some things, but there is no doubt that He is behind it all. 

Friends. Pray that God will give you the strength to count it all joy. 
Practice thankfulness 
Remember the Joy of the Lord is your strength. 
Know that every good gift is from above. 
and know that no matter what He's not finished with you yet, He's sharpening you and growing perseverance in you. 

"because when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."
Love Him. Love Others. 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment