Thursday, September 6, 2012

Only God can fill the need inside you

Hello friends!
Between marriage, clinicals starting, and a new womens group i'm teaching, I have been very busy. One of the things I find coming up a lot I wanted to give a quick post on. 
Ladies. A man will not fill all your needs. 

ok it's out there. I just contradicted most love songs, chikflicks and reality shows. I have the most amazing husband and I promise- while he is so many things, he can't fill the spot in my heart that God made especially for Himself.  Why am I telling you this? because it took me a long time to learn that a guy wasn't all I needed. (thankfully I learned this before I met my husband, but I learned it the hard way).  I learned that someone to "love me" wouldn't make everything better.  Now that I know what real love is, I know that even when i did believe that, it was always empty because I didn't have love that was from God, or a lover that was given by God. But even with an amazing, God fearing husband, I can tell you there is a place that only Jesus fills. Though my husband can hug me physically, it's into my heavenly father's arms I have to run each day.  My husband teaches me ABOUT God...but he isn't supposed to be my god. The grace he shows me is something that has taught me about God's grace. The love he has shown me has taught me about God's love. The understanding he has for me has taught me about God's understanding. But at the end of the day, I need God. I need God to help me in the moments my husband can't. I need God's plan and faithfulness in every moment, and his spirit to help me and comfort me. His word says: "I made you. I am now your husband. My name is The Lord Who Rules Over All. I am the Holy One of Israel. I have set you free. I am the God of the whole earth." Isaiah 54:5 (NIRV)"  He is saying... even though I gave you a husband, I'm still God of the whole earth and I'm still your first love. 

Today I had a mom of a patient share with me some of her struggles with addiction. She shared that she could quit, if her husband was on board, but she didn't feel strong enough to do it without him.  If I had to guess, based on our conversation, she wasn't a christian. It wasn't a time or place that I was allowed to share with her, but my heart went out to her. So many women don't know that their husband leads them, even when leading badly and they long for that strength and comfort. I think in all of us is that desire for God, just so many look for the world to fill it, and it's easy for women to look for men to fill it. I promise ladies- even the best husband won't be everything you need. Even if you have a husband, God fills things in you that no human can. and He is the only thing before your husband on the priority list. 

Ladies I'm praying for you to find your strength and hope in God first, and not look for it from a man, or you will always come up short. Men, I'm praying you will love God first, and lead the ladies closer to Him. Friends, put God first and I promise, you won't regret it. He will fill the hole that you try and fill but seems to have no closure. He will heal the wound that seems to not heal and He will never leave or forsake you. That's a promise, not from me but from Him. 

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment