Thursday, January 12, 2017

Newborn Cloth Diapering: Week 4 Favorites

4 weeks into cloth diapering and I love it. Truly. No regrets. In fact I say almost daily how glad I am we aren't buying disposables and how much I love his cute fluffy butt. My husband feels the same.

My little boy is a heavy wetter for sure. I'm going to run down our favorites this week.

Fitteds- We still love the ecoposh fitted but we were able to try the Green Mountain Diaper Workhorses. We have 5 in size small and they are amazing! I initially thought I wouldn't love them as fitteds and pre-folds tend to become fully wet which I don't love against my sensitive boys skin but I was amazed at how good the workhorses are and they don't bother my son at all. My husband loves the Workhorses and asked if we can get them in bigger sizes for later. He feels confident doing this and putting on a cover. So for everyone who thinks you need an All -In-One for your husbands don't worry. 

Covers- I find myself reaching for the Thirsties Size 1 covers over the Rumparooz newborn but that's probably because I have more of them. Both are still great 4 weeks in.  We also have 1 best bottoms cover which I like. We have 2 Bummis size small covers which are still too big and the PUL is very hard. 

All in One- Grovia ONE!!! It fits great around the legs which is the problem with most of the All in One One Size diapers we have. He is almost 10 lbs but I think it would have fit much smaller. It fit him at 9 lbs. Bumgenius was too big in the legs when it was tried at the beginning of the week but he is getting chunkier everyday.  The Grovia ONE with just the newborn insert holds up to this little man's heavy wetting and contains everything else he puts out. We still love the Thirsties natural all in one but the Grovia holds up way longer so we use it at night.

 Pocket Diapers- Favorite by far is AppleCheeks Size 1 and honestly have ordered more of them since they work so well. The inserts agitate out in the wash. We stuff with GMD newborn prefolds and Thirsties DuoHemp pre-folds. I'm a big fan and recommend them both.   Very close runner up is Lalabye Baby One Size. I love the idea that this is a one size diaper and claims it will fit until potty trained. I tried this on him at 9 pounds and it fit great so I think it may have fit sooner. We only have 1 which was a free gift with purchase but I wish we had a few more they are that lovely. Unlike the other one size pockets they are very trim. In fact, this is the most trim diaper I have for him that is absorbent.   This could also be used as an all in two but we have left it as a pocket so far. We also have 2 Charlie Banana one size that fit but these are very fluffy on him and I don't love them at this time however they do work. The Rumaparooz pocket also fits well but I don't enjoy pockets I have to un-stuff a pocket diaper that is not clean.  It is also very wide which I don't love as much as this stage but I think it will work well as he gets older.


Lalabye baby one size on a 4 week old newborn about 9 1/2 pounds
Rumparroz G2 One Size Diaper on a 4 week old about 9 1/2 pounds


He's growing fast and we are thankful that we don't have to pay for disposables as it is amazing how many diapers we go through.


No comments:

Post a Comment